Saturday, August 10, 2013

No-churn Cheesecake Ice Cream

No-churn Cheesecake Ice Cream

I love looking for no-churn ice cream recipes because I don't have an ice cream maker. It's just too expensive for a college student like me. But recently I have been experimenting on different flavors. I have tried green apple, which did not turn out well, strawberry, vanilla, and melon. But I think those are just too common. And whenever I make them, I always grow impatient while waiting for the custard mixture to cool down, and because I don't use an ice cream maker the ice cream tend to have huge ice crystals.

That's when I look for alternatives, and I found out that you can just use sweetened condensed milk instead of making a custard base. And I am surprised to find out that it is actually smoother and creamier than my custard based ice creams, it's just like churned ice cream! I realize I just found my new ice cream base and I will never go back to custard base.

This cheesecake ice cream taste like a rich, soft cheesecake. If you love cheesecakes I swear you wouldn't get enough of this. Imagine filling your mouth with this thing, say AHH!

Delicious Cheesecake Ice Cream

Still not tempted? Then I say make some, you would not regret it. It will just take 3 ingredients, about 10 minutes of preparation and 8 hours of chilling before you can indulge yourself in this delightful treat. The freezing time will be worth the wait, trust me. I could say that this is now my favorite ice cream flavor in like forever.

What are you waiting for? Make your cheesecake ice cream now. You could also mix in some graham crackers and blueberries before freezing it for a full cheesecake experience, but I would tell you a better way to enjoy this tomorrow. Finally, this uses about 3/4 can of condensed milk, you can use the extra for Pastillas de Leche.

No-churn Cheesecake Ice Cream

No-churn Cheesecake Ice Cream
Notes [ HEAD: Cream Cheese, BASE: Cream, Milk ]

Ingredients [makes about 750ml of ice cream]
3/4 c. condensed milk
1/2 c. cream cheese, room temperature
1 c. whipping cream, cold
1 tsp. vanilla extract [optional]

Directions
1. PREPARE BASE: In a bowl, beat cream cheese until soft and fluffy. Slowly add the condensed milk [and vanilla] while mixing.
2. WHIP CREAM: Whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks are formed.
3. FOLD CREAM: Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
4. FREEZE ICE CREAM: Pour mixture into a freezer safe container and freeze for at least 8 hours. Serve and enjoy.

What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

No comments:

Post a Comment